Audio Editing for Podcasting, Interviews and Beyond
The workshop will be delivered by Robert Humphries Massey.
In this class you will learn about:
- Audio recording interviews and podcasts
- Microphones – How to set them up and use them
- Sound quality and optimal recording environment
- How to edit ‘umms’ ‘ahhs’ and other interruptions in your audio
- Audio editing software Audacity and Adobe Audition
- MP3 & WAV files – optimal file types
Trade School Digbeth is run on a bartering system and no money is exchanged. Teachers hosting classes ask for small items (of low monetary value) and for this class Rob is asking for:
- Career advice, coaching &/ contacts for an Audio Visual Engineer looking for work in Birmingham
- Fabric, old postcards, arts materials
There is no charge to attend a class but please note, places on Trade School Digbeth classes are limited, so please only book if you are able to attend. If you book a place and then find yourself unable to attend, please do let us know or cancel your ticket as this will enable us to offer you place to someone else.
About Trade School
The Trade School network is a collective of self-organised barter-for-knowledge schools across the world. Trade School began in January 2009 as an experiment by a group of artists in New York City who wanted to celebrate local wisdom, mutual respect, and the social nature of exchange.
Trade School Digbeth is a local chapter of this initiative driven by the Impact Hub Birmingham community and friends. For more info and other upcoming Trade School classes, click here.
Share your thoughts via @TSDigbeth #TSDigbeth
If you can’t make it to a class in Birmingham, there is always something happening at Trade School Dudley, so do check out their programme!
Back to all Events