The founding community of Impact Hub Birmingham has always been deeply committed to discovering and building new and innovative solutions to some of our most challenging issues. We want to make the community as diverse as possible in all respects in order to access the knowledge, skills and passions to create solutions to these problems.
We believe that parents and children are key to this change and they form a valid part of our membership. We can see a huge benefit in designing an intergenerational learning community, a place where families can co-construct safer, healthier, more resilient communities together.
“We live in a network of peers who are not typical 9-5ers, a nomadic tribe of people who view the world in a different way and want to make it better, we see having children and our working lives, not as separate things but as one and the same. – Alice, Impact Hub Member
After two prototyping stints, lots of conversations and plenty of playing, talking and listening as part of our #RadicalChildcare work, we are proud to launch our Mission Birmingham – Parent Membership, a new option for joining the Impact Hub Birmingham community.
What is it?
Mission Birmingham – Parent Membership includes the same benefits as our Mission Birmingham membership, including 2 days access to Impact Hub BIrmingham a month, with an additional 12 hours of Co-Creche (co-working and creche) a month.
Our pop-up on-site crèche facility, offers free-flow creative play activities for children and includes some structured sessions led by experienced artists and early years practitioners. We offer safe, stimulating, creative sessions to babies (4 months and up), toddlers and pre-schoolers. The onsite co-working space at Impact Hub Birmingham has super fast broadband, big spacious tables, plenty of natural light, a coffee shop, PAYG printing services and areas to host meetings.
This work forms an important part of our #RadicalChildcare programme, an initiative to explore, imagine and invest in bold new possibilities for the future of childcare.
This is for those who
- Want an alternative to ‘traditional’ childcare
- Want to gently stretch the distance between them and their children
- Are breastfeeding / chestfeeding
- Want to get their head down whilst their children play nearby
- Want to try a different type of childcare without paying a large deposit or signing up to contracted number of days per week
- Work flexibly on a freelance, nomadic or casual basis, including those re-entering work from parental leave
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- The Mission Birmingham – Parent Membership includes a weekly pop-up co-working and creche facility at Impact Hub Birmingham for children aged 4 months + and their parent(s) / carers
- It is a condition of Ofsted that parents/carers stay on site at all times and the creche opportunity combines a co-working / meeting space at Impact Hub Birmingham
- Childcare will be provided by qualified childcare professionals and play workers all with enhanced DBS clearance and with experience in the care of children and babies.
- There are a limited number of Mission Birmingham Parent Memberships and places will be offered on a first come first served basis
- Snacks and juice / water are provided
- The creche provision follows the Early Years Framework curriculum
- We regret that childcare vouchers and / or free childcare places are not available at this time
- The additional 2 days access to Impact Hub Birmingham does not include childcare
If our Mission Birmingham – Parent Membership is of interest to you, book now for a free tour and visit us in January 2017 to find out more.